Who We Are
Petri has a unique skill set with experience in finance and IT, having qualified as a Chartered Accountant (CA(SA)) as well as Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).
In the latter part of his career he has focused on digital assets and worked with some of the largest funds and service providers in the space. Petri is also the chairman of the Blockchain Association of the Cayman Islands (BACI) and sits on the steering committee of Digital Cayman and the Crypto Currency Security Standard (CCSS).
Director IT Advisory - KPMG
- The development of audit approaches for digital assets
- The development plan for digital asset auditing tools
- Technical documentation on different blockchains
- Technical reviews and assessment of different staking and consensus algorithms
- Leading the KPMG Cayman Blockchain technical and development team
- Budgeting and planning for all development projects
- Client care and client relationships
- Performance of SOC1 & 2 engagement on digital asset service provider
Senior Manager - IT Advisory - KPMG
- Development of blockchain audit methodology
- Detailed testing of controls over custody and ownership of assets
- Development of KPMG blockchain explorer tools
- Development of API’s to different exchanges
- Managing a development team
- Running Agile development and setting up and managing sprints
- Detail documentation around System Development Lifecycle
- Performing User Acceptance testing
National Information Security Officer (NITSO) delegate - KPMG
- Performance of monthly security reviews such as firewall reviews, access reviews etc.
- Development and updating of policies and procedures
- Development of internal training to staff
- Internal phishing emails
- Review of compliance to international standards such as ISO27001
- Designing internal awareness emails
- Performing internal security audits
- Review of all security events
Associations and Non for Profits
Blockchain Association of the Cayman Islands (BACI)
Cryptocurrency Security Standard (CCSS)
Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP)
Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems
- Information Systems, Acquisition, Development and Implementation
- Information Systems Operations and Business Resilience
- Protection of Information Assets
Chartered Accountant South Africa (CA(SA))
IT Certificates - Rhodes University (South Africa)
- Certificate in Risk and Controls
- Certificate in IT Strategic Planning and Governance
- Certificate in Systems Development and Implementation
- Certificate in Business Continuity
- Certificate in Technical Infrastructure and Operational Practices
- Certificate in Protection of Information Assets
BCom Accounting Science - Honors - University of Pretoria (South Africa)
Daniel has a problem solving mind set with experience in Process Control, AI and Development, having qualified as a Chemical Engineer (BEng).
He fell in love with blockchain technologies and built his own small scale Ethereum mining farm that he operated for three years.
In the latter part of his career he has focused on digital assets and worked with some of the largest funds and service providers in the space. He led the development of tools to collect and analyze digital asset data for audit purpose for one of the Big Four Accounting Firms in the Cayman Islands.
Manager IT Advisory - KPMG
- The design of blockchain tools,
- The leading development teams to develop blockchain tools,
- Technical documentation on different blockchains,
- Technical reviews and assessment of different staking and consensus algorithms,
- Data analytics on blockchain data,
- Client care and client relationships
Process Simulation Software Engineer - Simgenics
- Development of mathematical control algorithms,
- Designing and building software to interact with different third-party control systems,
- Development of data analytic algorithms to identify bottle necks in the power generating system.
- Development of API’s to interact with data bases and controllers,
- Managing a development team.
Process Control Engineer - Blue Nickel Solutions
- Control Algorithm Design,
- Report Building and Design,
- Data Analytics,
- Bottle Neck identification in processes and solution design to remove identified bottle necks.